Pullman Brisbane Airport is currently seeking a Part Time Overnight Demi Chef (2 nights per week) to join the professional and dynamic kitchen team. This role will report to the Executive Chef, with responsibilities including leading the smooth day-to day shift operation within the Kitchen.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure consistent great food production, in line with the high quality standards.
- Perform tasks within a timely manner.
- Prepare and present high quality dishes within company guidelines.
- Keep all working areas clean and tidy and ensure no cross contaminating.
- Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships.
- Report maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues.
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation.
- Awareness departmental targets and strive to achieve them as part of the team.
- Meet all health and hygiene requirements.
- Be environmentally aware.
To be successful in this role you should demonstrate:
- Excellent technical knowledge with experience in a variety of cooking techniques and styles.
- Trade qualification and experience in a similar role, preferably within a hotel environment.
- Demonstrated experience leading staff.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to maintain high and consistent standards.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain food safety standards and understanding of HACCP.
- Understanding of workplace health and safety principals as they apply to the kitchen environment.
What we can offer you:
- Monthly social events.
- Accor discounts on accommodation worldwide.
- Discounted meals and beverages.
- Reward programs.
- Flexible working hours.
- Refer a friend incentives.
- Subsidized onsite parking.
- Discounted Air Train weekly pass.